Feeling the pandemic blues?
While we find ourselves stuck inside, confined to our apartments- there’s never been a better time to crank up the kpop and binge a kdrama!
While the kpop industry continues to release new albums and singles during this trying time, there is one artist who has really stood out: Crush (크러쉬)
While other artists seem to be moving on with a business as usual attitude, Crush has chosen to confront pandemic blues directly and has offered us some lyrics that we can’t help but identify with.
Take a listen to some of this artist’s recent work Mayday and Ohio
- “Awake or asleep| drowning in my own thoughts”
- “bored like a pebble stuck in a crack, yeah | I wanna enjoy the smell of freshly cut grass”
- “eat sleep repeat, not much is going on| sitting still on the sofa, you know the stress”
- “I did nothing today but I’m exhausted”
- “How can it be so hard to relax”
- “still nothing has changed”
- “Frankly I’m not feeling much”
- “Tired of how slowly time passes| Just wanna run like crazy| Hate myself for being anxious”
- “I’m not fine, I’m not alright oh girl I know”
- “Can’t remember the last time I was out”
All I can say is that Crush has pinpointed pandemic vibes and I can’t help but listen to these songs on repeat. He understands our pain.
Whoever is out there reading this- wishing you guys all the best as you tackle this difficult time.